About Douglas A. Petho
Highly-Rated Accident Lawyer in Charlotte
Attorney Douglas A. Petho is a native of the Charlotte area who joined the firm in 1993. Since joining the firm in 1993, attorney Petho’s primary focus has been the litigation of plaintiff’s personal injury suits.
He has successfully tried hundreds of cases to jury verdict involving automobile accidents, trucking accidents, pedestrian accidents, slip and fall accidents, animal attacks, intentional torts, and work-related accidents. He has served as a representative of the plaintiff’s bar on the Mecklenburg County District Court Rules Committee and has served as an arbitrator in numerous insurance disputes.
Mr. Petho began his trial career as an Assistant District Attorney for the 1st Judicial District of North Carolina serving under the Hon. H.P. Williams, where he was tasked with the prosecution of both misdemeanor and felony charges in a seven-county district in Eastern North Carolina.
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, B.S. in Administration of Criminal Justice, 1988
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, J.D., 1991
- “AV Preeminent” Rating. Martindale Hubbell, 2011
- North Carolina, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1991
Professional & Bar Associations
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Division