Charlotte Surgical Errors Attorneys
Serving North Carolina Victims of Poor Surgical Practice
In 1995, a man needing a leg amputation underwent surgery. Once he went under anesthesia, the surgeon proceeded to remove the wrong leg, leading to a lawsuit in which the surgeon was fined and had his medical license suspended. In cases like these where surgeons fail to plan properly, people’s lives are permanently impacted, and compensation must be obtained for those losses. The Charlotte medical malpractice attorneys at Price, Petho & Associates P.L.L.C. have a track record of helping clients obtain the best possible outcome for their surgical error cases.
Surgical errors are procedural errors which cause injury or death before the surgery has even taken place, such as:
- Failure to accurately inform a patient of the risks of surgery, such as with elective weight loss surgery
- Failure to qualify a candidate for the surgery, such as operating on someone whose medical condition would make the surgery more risky or ineffective
- Leaving surgical instruments in the body
- Use of incorrect equipment
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Performing a different surgery than what was declared
- Poor post-operative care leading to blood clots, breathing problems, brain damage, or life-threatening infection
If you have been a victim of surgical error, seek justice. Call (704) 350-2630 for a free consultation today.
Our Track Record of Success
At the law office of Price, Petho & Associates P.L.L.C., we represent patients and families whose loved ones died or suffered an injury due to negligent medical care. We have a team of Charlotte medical malpractice lawyers who prioritize the recovery of the compensation you deserve.
Since 1979 we’ve been handling injury and wrongful death cases resulting from medical malpractice. Our track record of multimillion-dollar recoveries includes a recent $4.775 million recovery for a young woman who suffered brain damage and coma and a $975,000 recovery for the family of a patient who died, both from anesthesia toxicity.
Call us at (704) 350-2630 to learn more about how to recover compensation.