You should never have to worry about sustaining an injury when you go onto another person’s property. Unfortunately, there are times when property owners fail to adequately inspect and maintain their premises, and this can lead to severe injuries for those who have a right to be there. At Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C., we are here to help if you need a Charlotte premises liability attorney after defective conditions caused your injury. Let us investigate your claim and get to work securing full compensation for your losses.
Charlotte dangerous property conditions
Property owners in North Carolina have a duty to ensure that they exercise a reasonable degree of care when it comes to the safety of their premises. Property owners are responsible for the safety of those who work, live, and visit their premises. This duty extends to inspecting and maintaining the entire property on a regular basis.
At Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C., our qualified and experienced team regularly discovers, through the course of our investigation into these cases, that people are injured due to the following dangerous defects:
- Sloping or uneven floors (sidewalks, interior floors, pavement, etc.)
- Foundational cracks in walkways
- Improperly designed or structurally unsound stairways
- Overall building structural issues
- Swimming pool defects (including a lack of fencing or gates)
- Escalator or elevator defects or failures
- Inadequate lighting in walkway areas
- Faulty store displays or shelving
When property owners or their employees conduct an inspection of the premises and discover that defective conditions are present, they are responsible for repairing or remediating the defect as soon as possible. If the property owner or employee is unable to take corrective actions quickly, then they should place adequate warning signs around the hazard to let others know that there is a danger present.
If property owners fail to remediate a defective property condition and do not warn others about the defect, they could be held liable for any injuries that occur.
Common Charlotte defective property condition injuries
At Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C., our qualified Charlotte premises liability lawyers have extensive experience helping clients have sustained the following injuries due to negligent property owners:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other severe neck or back injury
- Severe sprains or strains
- Lacerations or puncture wounds
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Amputations or crush injuries
Call our premises liability attorneys for a free consultation
If you or somebody you love has been injured because a property owner failed to adequately inspect and maintain their premises, contact the team at Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C. for help with your case today. We pledge to fully investigate your claim so we can obtain any compensation you may be entitled to. This can include:
- Coverage of any medical bills caused by the incident
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Any household out-of-pocket expenses you incur
- Loss of quality of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the property owner
When you need a Charlotte premises liability lawyer because of an injury caused by defective property conditions, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 704-850-6322.