If you or somebody you love has been injured in a swimming pool accident, you could be entitled to compensation for your losses. At Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C., we have extensive experience handling these injury claims, and we want to help you secure the compensation you are entitled to. Swimming pools can be wonderful for recreational purposes, but they can also lead to severe injuries caused by the negligence of other parties.
Common causes of swimming pool injuries in Charlotte
Whether we are discussing a swimming pool at a private residence or a recreational pool at a hotel, gym, or other facility, it is important to understand that swimming pool owners and operators have a duty to ensure the area is safe for patrons.
At Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C., our swimming pool lawyers in Charlotte often discover the following causes lead to significant injuries for our clients:
- Lack of warnings about using a diving board or diving into shallow water
- Misuse of pool chemicals
- Puddles that lead to slip and fall accidents around the pool
- Inattentive pool staff or lifeguards
- No pool staff or lifeguards present
- Overcrowded pools
- Broken stairs inside of pools
- Broken lights in the pool
Injuries that occur in and around the pool area are wide-ranging and often severe. Our charlotte premises liability attorneys regularly help clients who have sustained to the following:
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Traumatic brain injuries or concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other significant neck or back injury
- Chemical burns
- Internal illnesses
- Moderate to severe brain damage (caused by near-drowning incidents)
The most tragic type of pool injury that can occur is a drowning that leads to the death of a victim. In these cases, our Charlotte wrongful death lawyers will work to help families find some closure and move forward.
Swimming pools and attractive nuisance laws
All pool owners and operators must ensure that the pool area is secured so that no child can inadvertently wander into the area. Pools are going to be considered “attractive nuisances” that a child may try to get to. Even if a child (anyone under the age of 18) is trespassing when they get injured at a swimming pool, the property owner could be held liable if they failed to take steps to prevent the child from getting into a dangerous situation.
Contact us for a free consultation of your injury case
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a swimming pool accident caused by the negligent or careless actions of another party, contact an attorney as soon as possible. At Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C., we are going to get to work on your case immediately. Our goal is to secure the compensation you need, which can include:
- Coverage of all medical expenses
- Lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party