Accidents involving large commercial trucks often result in severe injuries for drivers and passengers in traditional vehicles. Often, investigations unveil that have these incidents are caused by the careless or negligent actions of truck drivers or trucking companies. If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a truck accident, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C., our team is standing by to help if you need a Rutherfordton truck accident attorney by your side. We have the resources necessary to fully investigate these claims, stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and trucking companies, and secure the compensation you need.
How often do large truck crashes occur in our area?
When we turn to data available from the North Carolina Department of Transportation, we can see that accidents involving large trucks are not uncommon throughout the state. During the latest reporting year, we can see that the DOT recorded more than 8,700 total accidents involving large trucks. This can include:
- Garbage trucks
- Delivery trucks
- Cement mixers
- Other types of construction trucks
- Dump trucks, and more…
Common causes of large truck crashes
When the attorneys at Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C. investigate large truck accidents in North Carolina, we often discover that the incidents are caused by the careless or negligent actions of truck drivers or the trucking company.
Truck drivers could be liable for an accident if they:
- Fail to follow traffic laws
- Operate their vehicles while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operate their vehicles while distracted by phones or other devices
- Fail to abide by federal hours of service requirements
Trucking companies could be held liable for an accident if they:
- Fail to properly inspect and maintain each vehicle
- Do not properly train their drivers
- Fail to conduct background checks on drivers
- Encourage drivers to operate longer hours than allowed
- Encourage drivers to carry more cargo than allowed
Large commercial trucks and their drivers are strictly regulated by state and federal authorities. In particular, the US Department of Transportation keeps close watch over the actions of drivers and companies via the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Call a Rutherfordton truck accident lawyer today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. The attorneys at Price Petho & Associates P.L.L.C. have extensive experience handling complex personal injury cases, and we know what it takes to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and well-funded trucking companies. Our goal is to secure full compensation for your losses, which can include:
- Complete coverage of your medical bills
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Property damage expenses
- Household out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
- Possible to damages against the truck driver or trucking company